Sunday, October 17, 2021

Short Update

Happy Sunday, friends. I don't have a lot to share today, but I thought I'd pop in since it's been a month. Our weather changed yesterday. A cold front must have blown through yesterday morning, because for awhile it looked like it was going to rain, and then the sun came out and a brisk north wind started blowing. We had temps in the 70s yesterday and as of 2:00pm, it is only 71 degrees. I am thinking that chili is on the menu for dinner tonight.

For the past few weeks, Dan has been building April a screened porch. Today we are going to hopefully finish up. He has it all framed; now he just needs to install the screen. April's kitties will be very happy to be able to go outside. Mine spend a lot of time on our screened porch. Other than that, I don't have a lot on my agenda for today. We just groomed and bathed Emma, and now she's sulking. That was the only thing I really wanted to get done this weekend besides a grocery trip, which I did yesterday. I learned a long time ago to not go to Walmart on Sunday. For some reason, Sunday mornings are insane. Most of the tourists are gone now, but the snow birds are starting to arrive. Fortunately, they are easier to deal with because there are fewer of them. This past summer was insane. We had so many people visit the beach this year. I think it's because nobody traveled last year because of the virus-that-shall-not-be-named. I'd like to make a trip to the beach next weekend, though Friday is graduation, so the CSU graduates might make the beach a bit more busy than usual.

Speaking of graduation, this will be my first graduation as a faculty member. I'm kind of excited to see things from that perspective for once. I have always viewed from the audience. It's the first time I'll get to wear doctoral garb as well. I ordered a tam and gown for my graduation, but I never wore it since my graduation was virtual. Some day I might travel to California and walk in a graduation, so I'll need that getup. I think faculty sit according to college, so I won't be able to sit next to Dan. I am also only participating in two of the ceremonies. The third one is at 5:00pm, and we have to be at the auditorium by 8:00am, so that means the animals will be home alone all day for the first time in I don't know how long. The second ceremony should be over by 3:00pm, so I'll leave after that. Dan probably won't be home until about 7:00pm.

UPDATE: here is a picture from graduation.
I revised my school plans and will now be starting classes on November 10th. I'm a little bummed that the new Pokemon games and a big update to Animal Crossing are coming out right around the same time, so I won't have a lot of time to play them. My second doctoral course (as a teacher) starts the same day, and I may have five students next term, although more than likely I'll only end up with about four. One of the students I was supposed to have last session is still not making any progres in the course he dropped last term (which prevented him from progressing to the dissertation phase) and had to retake, so I don't hold out a lot of hope that I'll end up with him this term either. The course I'm teaching now isn't officially mine. I do the grading but it is actually my mentor's class, because I was not officially hired when it started, but now I am official. I received notification last week that I will be getting at least one of my own classes next term, and I may get a second if I get a newbie (or two).

Well, that is my short update. I need to get ready to go to April's house now. I hope you all are enjoying your fall!

3 comments:

Lori said...

I love your picture from graduation! Congratulations. That is so awesome. It sounds like you are keeping very busy.
Good luck figuring out what to do with your Christmas tree with your kittens. I have heard about cats and Christmas trees. :) Have a nice day!

https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

Susan said...

Hi Tammy, You are lucky to live so close to the beach! We only got to the beach 3 times this year. Congratulations on your graduation!!!!

~Pam~ said...

Hi Tammy, just checking if you are back to blogging. I recently started mine again.
Hope you are well. xo